Make a Complaint

How do I make a complaint?
What happens next?
What if my complaint is also a matter before the Courts?
What information should my complaint include?
You need to know
Download the Complaint Form
Log an Electronic Report

The Complaint Process

How do I make a complaint? (back to top)

If you or someone you know believes a police officer has committed an act that is a criminal offence, police corruption and/or serious police misconduct, you can and should exercise your right by making an official complaint to the Authority.

water filter w10295370 80% of human body is composed of water. Water is very important. water filter w10295370 is your first choice. It can reduce chlorine and provide a good source of water. water filter 4396841 When the refrigerator is used for a long time it will breed a lot of bacteria. And then you need to change the water filter. The water filter 4396841 can be effectively filtered out. It’s the first choice to keep healthy.

Follow these simple steps:

  • You can come in person to the Police Complaints Authority’s office. A Complaints Officer will interview you to get all the relevant information surrounding the incident and answer any questions you may have.
  • You can call the Authority’s hotline at 800-2PCA or 800-2722, give us your contact information and a Complaints Officer will contact you.
  • You can use the local mail service or email us at to submit your complaint to the Authority and a Complaints Officer will contact you.

Your information is recorded and is strictly confidential.

REMEMBER: Not all complaints are matters for the Authority, only those related to criminal offences involving police officers, police corruption and serious police misconduct.

What happens next? (back to top)

  • Each person or public body, making a complaint to the Authority is informed whether the complaint is a matter the Authority can pursue. If it is not a matter for the Authority, parties are also informed of this and advised of where to take their complaints.
  • If your complaint is a matter for the Police Complaints Authority, your complaint is investigated by the Authority’s investigators. Our investigators are NOT police officers.
  • When the investigations surrounding your complaint are completed, the Authority makes recommendations to the relevant authorities. These authorities include the Commissioner of Police, the Director of Public Prosecutions, the Police Service Commission, and in matters where an authority outside the State is concerned, the Attorney General.

REMEMBER: The Police Complaints Authority is here to ensure prompt, confidential action with every individual complaint.

What if my complaint is also a matter before the Courts? (back to top)

If the subject matter of your complaint or the investigation becomes a Court matter the Authority cannot commence or even continue an investigation it started, until the Courts have made a final ruling on the matter.

What information should my complaint include? (back to top)

Your complaint should include:

  • Your name and contact details, these include telephone contact numbers and email address(es).
  • The date, time and location of the incident surrounding your complaint.
  • Where possible the name, rank, badge number and a description of the officer(s) involved.
  • A detailed description of the incident.
  • The name and contact details of a witness or witnesses, if any.
  • Proof or clear evidence to support your complaint, e.g. medical certificates, X-ray film, photos of damage or injuries.

You need to know (back to top)

  • The services of the Authority are free, there is no cost to pay.
  • Your complaint is investigated by highly trained investigators.
  • All complaints and evidence are strictly confidential.
  • The Police Complaints Authority is neither a section nor division of the Trinidad and Tobago Police Service therefore our Complaints and Investigations Officers are not police officers.

Download the Complaint Form (back to top)

You can access the complaint form here.